Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Little Petri Dishes

I noticed a strange pattern. Every time I spend a significant amount of time (3-4 hours) around the grandbabies, I get a nasty cold. Happened last month when taking them to the Children's Museum and  it occurred again a couple of weeks ago after we celebrated an early Easter. I usually come down with symptoms 70 hours after seeing them. Not having spent a great deal of time around children, I do not have the antibodies to combat their germs. Perhaps I should either wash my hands more or visit them encased in a plastic bubble.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, when I first nannied I got sick a lot. Your immune system adjusts, but I guess not if you're seeing them in short bursts. Take vitamin C each day you're going to see them! They really are little petri dishes, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness comes with a price these days. It's interesting how children have better immunity to these bugs than adults do. To be young...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you come down with something so often. I have friends who work with younger children and they say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete